Sydney is a wonderful city filled with beaches, harbours and incredible food. You’ll never want to leave.
1. Because you get used to waking to bright skies every morning, going for your morning run on days like this beginning your day bobbing around in this or battling morning traffic like this.
2. Because Sydney is surrounded by water so you can commute to work like this.
3. Because you share your veranda and parks with these guys.
4. Because winter looks like this and whatever the season, there are always blue skies and dazzling colours (something is flowering all year round!).
5. Because Sydney’s prime real estate is home to the Royal Botanic Gardens – free and open to all.
6. Because we are living on ancient land and can still see traces.
7. Because AFL may be “Melbourne’s game”, but Sydney made it beautiful.
8. And what other city has 10 different teams competing in a national league?
9. Because New Year’s Eve (and New Year’s Day recovery session) looks like this.
10. Because Sydney is basically foodie heaven. From Palm Beach to Bondi, you’ll never eat as well anywhere else.
11. Because Sydney Fish Market is so good that Japanese buyers come early to grab the best stuff for Tokyo’s Tsukiji.
12. Because you can shop at the most incredible butcher on earth.
13. And Paddy’s Market in Chinatown is the best place in the Western world to stock up on Asian groceries.
14. Because once you’ve eaten a Ginger Brulee Tart at Bourke Street Bakery, you’ve basically died and gone to heaven already.
15. Because Sydney’s hottest restaurants are in the suburbs, not the CBD.
16. If you want to eat like a boss, you can enjoy the world’s greatest view, complete with Australia’s best desserts.
17 Because you never need to drink the same drink twice. The Baxter Inn, Lobo Plantation, and Bulletin Place are at the vanguard of the CBD’s small bar renaissance.
18. Because you could happily spend the rest of your life on the Inner West coffee trail.
19. And the only place better than Lakemba for Lebanese food is Beirut.
20. Because fish ‘n’ chips anywhere else is just plain wrong. (Manly Beach, The World’s Greatest Outdoor Diner.)
21. Because the ultimate hipster beer is brewed right here.
22. BECAUSE OF CHUR BURGER.
23. Because you can eat the World’s Greatest Gelato. Every. Single. Day.
24. Because you can choose from more than 100 beaches, from Palm Beach in the north via Avalon and Tamarama to Cronulla in the south.
25. Because there are incredible outdoor pools everywhere, with more than 30 ocean rock pools. So there’s always a swimming option, even when the sea is too rough.
26. Bookworms will surely love Sydney, since book swaps look like this.
27. Because once you enter Gould’s Book Arcade, you’ll never come out.
28. Because boutique shopping looks like this.
29. Because Melbourne isn’t the only city with amazing laneways.
30. Because there’s an amazing funfair right in the heart of the city.
31. Because where else can you say “meet you at the Coke sign” and people know what you’re talking about?
32. Because the world’s most dramatic clifftop coastal walk is on your doorstep and the city is surrounded by national parks an hour away to the north, south, and west.
33. Because where else does a zoo overlook the CBD?
34. Because Sydney kites look like this.
35. Because Sydney has “the finest harbour in the world, in which a thousand sail of the line may ride in the most perfect security”.
36. Because you get to look at the most beautiful building on earth.
37. And cross a marvel of engineering every single day that never fails to take your breath away.
38. Because Sydney sunsets will give you thrilling feeling.
No city can beat Sydney for beauty, beaches and warmth. Its attractions and gorgeousness have ruined you. So smile if you’re a Sydneysider forever.