Since its conception, Google has become a popular tech company among business marketers.
In today’s infographic, you will learn ten simple steps what you need to do to make your website optimised for search. Here are the breakdown:
- Use Good Keywords: You want keywords in your title. You want them in your body text. But not too much.
- Outside Links: You need back links. And you need them for trustworthy sources. Quality inbound links to other site are also good.
- Inside Links: Internal links help drive traffic to older material.
- Social Signals: Google isn’t super clear about how social signals affect search. But you can assume that having positive social signals and having a real presence on social is a must.
- Clean URLs: Your URL structure must be clean. Don’t clog it up with numbers and meaningless letters.
- Use a Few Good SEO Tools: Not all of them are good. Just use the good ones.
- Error Free Content That Loads Fast: Great content is why your readers come to you. So you need that. There’s no faking it. And loading fast means keeping your site (and any advertising on it) streamlined.
- Meta data: Use meta descriptions and tags wisely. Name images well. These are ways of communicating with Google about what your content is really about.
- Good Content: This one is so important it’s in the list twice. Write for humans, not for SEO robots. Rewriting and plagiarising will hurt you.
- Publishing Frequently: Web crawlers and spiders visit website more frequently when content is published at regular intervals.
Infographic credit: Indusnet