In today’s post, we will share the latest social media statistics in Australia, which showcases the most popular social networks in Australia.
Social Media Statistics Australia – July 2014
- Facebook – 13,400,000 users
- YouTube – 12,900,000 Unique Australian Visitors
- WordPress.com – 6,200,000
- Tumblr – 4,800,000
- LinkedIn – 3,900,000
- Blogspot – 3,050,000
- Twitter – 2,791,300 Active Australian Users
- Instagram – 2,060,000 Active Australian Users
- TripAdvisor – 1,500,000
- Snapchat – 1,070,000 Active Australian Users
- Tinder – 1,000,000 Australian users
- Flickr – 750,000
- Pinterest – 390,000
- Yelp – 180,000
- MySpace – 160,000
- Reddit – 160,000
- Google Plus – approx 65,000 monthly active Australian users
- StumbleUpon – 53,000
- Foursquare – 33,000
- Digg – 20,000
- Delicious – 19,000
Keep in mind that all the figures represented above is the actual number of UAVs (Unique Australian Visitors) occurring in that monthly period, unless otherwise stated.
- Instagram now has over 2 million monthly Australian users.
- Twitter has over 2.7 million monthly Australian users, which is quite big comparing to Instagram.
- All the giants in social media like Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn have a loyal user base. Still, they have a little monthly movement. New users are still signing up to these sites, but their growth rates are slow. At the same time, users are leaving these sites.
- According to Facebook’s advertisement tool, the number of Australian users has grown by 200,000 over the past 2-3 months.
- YouTube is still gaining users, and it still attracts a unique audience that don’t use traditional social media – for example mature aged people looking at videos online whom don’t use Facebook, Twitter etc.
- Foursquare has moved all users who want to check-in to their Swarm app. Many people have signed up to the new app, yet many loyal Foursquare users have also expressed their disappointment with the new setup, and that they can no longer check-in on Foursquare.
- LinkedIn has a noticeable increase this month with new and existing Australian users returning to the site.
- Tinder has around 1 million Australian users who have signed up to the service.