Things move at speed in today’s world. What was on trend even six months ago is different now.
Clothings, language, hairstyles, and patterns of speech are changing fast everyday. Social media marketing is no different. How your company attracted likes, commenters, and subscribers in 2010 is different than how your company does now. It will most certainly be different by the end of this year. However, it’s always impossible to foresee the future. The social media crystal ball is nearly always hazy and even the best educated guesses fall short.
Do you remember when they pronounced Facebook “dead and buried” in the past? Well, Facebook has recorded high profits already for 2015 and has added nearly 100 million users per month.
Let’s take a look at the new and trending right now and see what’s next for the rest of the year.
- Video. The use of video by marketers is growing by leaps and bounds. Of course, we have the giant, YouTube, but marketers are also turning to Snapchat and Vine. Newcomers on the scene, Meerkat and Periscope, will also play a huge role in video marketing, by offering live video feed. Known as native video, it is called so because they’re created on the site, so users aren’t redirected when they click to play.
- Facebook. As stated before, Facebook is not only not dead, it’s getting bigger. Latest study revealed that 93% of the 3,700 social media marketers they surveyed said that they were on marketing on Facebook. More than half said it was the most important online marketing tool.
- Podcasting. Along with video, podcasts will play a significant role in social media strategy for companies. Creating and using podcasts gives a company the opportunity to connect on a regular basis with their customers, while also offering valuable and entertaining information.
- Mobile. Using a mobile device to check in with social media, browse and watch videos, and shop has become the norm. This trend will definitely continue to grow.
- Online Wallet. The next place for shopping is social media. Instagram and Pinterest both announced that they will be rolling out new action buttons that will allow users to shop, sign up and learn more. Facebook also has an autofill feature that stores your credit card information for future purchases. Wherever your money may be, you can bet it will soon be on social media.
These are just a few of the ways that social media will continue to grow in 2015. By staying ahead of the trends, you will set your business up for success. Now go out there and film something or put a product on Pinterest.