Search engine’s paid search service has put itself as a highly viable, cost effective marketing channel. In 2011, paid search spending is expected to reach $34 billion. Worldwide, paid search is a $34 billion industry. In this infographic, The Website Marketing Group team will briefly explore all about paid search: it’s current state, where it’s going, and how the largest paid search vendors, such as Google & Bing, have divided up the market.
Facts and stats about paid search:
- Worldwide, paid search is a $34 billion industry.
- By 2016, paid search is expected to grow by 75% to become a $61.1 billion industry.
- Since 2006, the amount spent on paid search has increased by 250%.
- Google AdWords has a declining return on investment (ROI), down 12% as of 1/2011.
- Bing & Yahoo Advertising has an increasing return on investment (ROI), up 10% as of 1/2011.
- Paid search is currently bigger than radio, outdoor and cinema advertising.
- The average cost per click is up 11% (year over year) for Google, and 4% for Bing.